Primary Purpose of the role
The Cyber Technical Analyst will work with the various project delivery team(s) in the implementation of Assurance activities across the Government Agencies activites. Primarily this role will be responsible to perform technical coordination of testing activities such as Security Testing, Red Team exercises and Business Continuity Testing.
- Work with the project team(s) on coordinating the technical delivery of Risk Assessment and Business Continuity Planning and Testing
- Coordinate conducting of Red Team exercise and translate the findings and recommendations to tangible actions
- Work with external consulting teams to on engagements of security technology and architecture reviews
- Work with Application Teams to help translate penetration testing findings and recommendations to tangible actions
- Provide technical support to the other business team(s) in their approach towards uplifting their Infrastructure and Application capabilities.
- Assist with the maintenance of an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security
- Maintaining currency in, and applying, emerging/changing technology, security practices and legislative requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining working processes and relations with business units and business processes to ensure Information Security by Design.
- Simplifying and managing existing practices to facilitate business accountability of Cyber Risks.
- Strong experience in technical delivery within the Cyber Security area.
- Experience in facilitating/ participating in Business Continuity Testing and Security Testing.
- Strong Stakeholder coordination experience and working as a Cyber Security representative with different business areas.
- Solid understanding of the cyber threat landscape and cyber security framework, particularly in NSW government environment.
- Experience working in project-based work and knowledge of project management principles
- Politically neutral with no affiliation to political parties or lobbyists/campaigners
- Criminal Record
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination-
- Relevant qualifications and/or certifications in cyber security technical delivery (ex. CISSP, CBCP).