Senior Network Gateway Engineer required to provide expert advice on the management and maintenance of the ICT platforms. You will work closely with key third party suppliers to ensure the provision of a robust infrastructure capability to the business, and liaise with architecture and shared services areas to ensure the security of the day-to-day technical operations.
This role will exercise a considerable degree of independence, with decision-making substantially dependent on their high-level judgement and consideration of wider agency implications, with work being performed under the general guidance of senior staff.
Your skills and experience will include:-
- A current Security Clearance of at least Level One Negative Vetting
- Demonstrated experience with or knowledge of Australian Government information security policies, framework and the ASD Information Security Manual
- At least five (5) years demonstrated experience in design, management and maintenance of Internet Gateway and/or large scale Data Centre networking environment.
- Demonstrated experience and technical proficiency in the design of services utilising F5 Layer 4-7 switching / load balancing products
- Demonstrated experience in the design and deployment of network infrastructure including Cisco data centre routers, switches, BGP and OSPF routing protocols.
- Well developed communication skills with a proven ability to communicate both orally and in writing with management and technical stakeholders across business and technical areas.
- Experience of, and proficiency in, use of automation tools for deployment of changes and automating operational procedures
- Experience with and/or detailed understanding of Software Defined Network technologies
- Experience with design and integration of hybrid and public cloud services
- Demonstrated experience in development and maintenance of System Architecture and design documentation
If you have the right skills and experience please apply now though the job board quoting JL459268