We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. Your primary responsibility will be to work on our C++/Linux multi-threaded concurrency based applications. This is a low level kernal based engineering group that involves complex data architecture, not simple application development.
- At least 7 years solid C++ development experience and good knowledge of C++ internals.
- Strong problem solving ability, knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
- Strong code and system design skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills essential.
- Exposure to distributed systems and network programming.
It would be great if you also have:
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP/IP, sockets and network programming
- Python programming experience
- Must have good communication skills, problem solving ability, and pay great attention to detail. Will be up on new APIs and enjoy researching bleeding edge technology.
This is our back end rules engine, which processes in the region of 100m requests a day, at less than 100ms per request. It is entirely written in C++, and is highly threaded and performant, therefore hardcore C++, threads, low latency etc… Specific technologies include Thrift, STL, Aerospike, gcc (and related tools, debugger, make etc) and Linux…
For more information, please call Bob Wallace at 02 9091 8212
Balance Recruitment is committed to equal opportunity employment. We celebrate diversity and encourage people from all sections of the community to apply for this role.