Our client is a global organisation and an Australian success story that has truly changed the lives of many people for the better.
The Cyber Security Specialist will join an existing Cyber team and will be responsible for designing and implementing effective cyber security defences to support their growth.
The Cyber Security Specialist works with the development teams to assist with the implementation of secure coding, presenting to the team and selecting best fit remediation options for penetration testing discovered vulnerabilities (whether in coding language or tool specific).
This is a technical role but will require the ability to communicate with at all levels, but particularly with the Application Development team, and translate complex technical information so that security controls can be implemented.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform technical cyber security risk assessments and determine the best deployment of security controls and solutions
- Code reviews of new and old applications
- Advise Software Developers and Operations team on risk mitigation
- Direct vulnerability assessments and penetration testing engagements (internal and through third parties)
- Manage DLP, SIEM, HSM systems and report events of significance
- Run cyber security incident drills
- Monitor vulnerabilities and conduct risk assessments
You will bring to this role:
- Extensive experience in cyber security operations, particularly of the application development or Devops side
- Understanding of programming and ideally some experience in programming/scripting
- A strong background in vulnerability assessment and vulnerability tools
- Some pen testing experience would be a great advantage
- An ability to influence outcomes through your stakeholder engagement skills and your technical credibility
- ITIL certifications
- Experience with Cyber security frameworks (NIST, PCI DSS, ISO, etc)
- Proficiency in one or more programming language and presenting secure coding to Developers.
- Certifications including OSCP, CISSP, NIST, PCI, ISO 27011
This role pays a generous base salary plus super and bonus as well as 20%leave loading and great benefits.
The working arrangement will be hybrid – free parking is available.
Please email your CV to Silvia at Balance for a confidential discussion about the role.