This organisation leads the way in research that cover a range of disciplines, including physical, biological and engineering sciences, and contemporary fields such as design, nanotechnology and sustainability. It's researchers provide practical and relevant solutions to issues of national and international importance.
As the Senior Drupal Developer will support the continuous improvement for a Research Hub ensuring the portal delivers value to this organisations research community. This important role will continue to develop the Research Hub in providing highly valued tools, content and services that supports excellent research practices, projects and collaborations for the research community.
The RES Hub digital portal currently provides online research support, access to research systems and tools, development opportunities and funding opportunities. It is envisaged that RES Hub will be an important enabler as we work to uplift the capability of researchers and professional staff across all areas of their professional practice and ensure excellent in our research practices and research outcomes.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum five years of relevant consulting, digital agency or industry experience with hands on development experience with a minimum two years of direct experience as a Drupal Developer.
- Ability to critically analyse situations and propose innovative solutions aligned with strategic and business priorities.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Confidence in providing suggestions, constructive feedback and promoting change in an inclusive manner.
- A strong team player, exhibiting a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and make informed decisions, particularly in the context of competing interests and priorities, as well high pressure situations.
- Previous experience working with agile/scrum and human centred design techniques would be advantageous.
- Desirable working with portals and collaborative spaces.
- Desirable linking physical and digital spaces.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or extensive relevant experience
Required Technical Knowledge
- PHP 7+
- Drupal 8+
- CSS 3
- HTML 5
- Responsive Design
- WCAG 2+
- Basic Linux, Basic BASH scripting
- Understanding of Docker
- Good understanding of CI/CD Concepts
- API Integration - Restful APIs, Good understanding of HTTP Protocol
- AWS – Amazon EC2, S3 Buckets, Cloudfront, AWS WAF
- Version Control - Git, GitLab or GitHub
This role represents a rare opportunity to develop your career in an organisation that believes in social change to create a more just and equal world – and is recognised for supporting inclusivity and valuing diversity.
To be considered for this 12 Month Fixed Term Contract please send your CV to Amanda @ Balance Recruitment.