Do you have a good understanding of IT Security and a background as an Infrastructure Engineer/Systems or Network Engineer?
This is a fantastic opportunity with a global organisation to join their Infrastructure team and be their IT Security Engineer.
Working on both BAU as well as Security projects, you will work on the Security side of things as well as assist with infrastructure related activities and assisting with vendor management activities.
The IT Security Engineers is expected to respond to, and document, any security threats, and resolve technical faults.
Regular activities will include:
• Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organization's data, systems, and networks.
• Understanding complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
• Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
• Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
• Troubleshooting security and network problems.
• Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
• Participating in the change management process.
• Maintaining all the software and hardware in relation to security
• Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities, and threats
• Threat intelligence
• Sourcing and implementing new security solutions to better protect the organisation
• Conducting proactive research to analyse security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
• Liaising with vendors to implement security solutions
As well as formal qualifications you will have:
• An enthusiasm for staying up to date with the very latest updates about security threats and solutions
• Outstanding communication skills that go beyond “tech talk” – the ability to translate complex IT matters to those without an IT background
• Expertise across a variety of security products including firewalls, Email Gateways, URL filtering, information security and virus protection
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• Previous exposure to Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems, coding languages, and/or Networks
Please note that Australian Citizenship is required for this role
Interested? Send your CV to Silvia at Balance Recruitment applying below!