Our client is a global financial institution and a highly recognised and respected brand. With a brand new Operations Control Centre (NOC) in Sydney, they have a unique opportunity for an IBM Mainframe Network Operations Analysts to be part of their Global Operations Control Centre. There will be a 12 month contract on offer.
This role is available now and substantial on the job training will be provided to the selected individuals. .
The Operations Control Centre is 24/7/365, but you will be assigned to the day shift (6am - 6pm), which will include some weekend work.
Parking will be available.
You will be expected to have a few years of commercial experience in a similar role, as a traditional Mainframe Operator, supporting external customers, in a 24/7/365 environment.
Apart from the technical skills listed below, you will be a natural communicator, with an outstanding phone manner and strong customer focus.
Summary of the Role
- Provide 24x7x365 technical operations support for global infrastructure;
- Commercial experience monitoring mission critical infrastructure and Incident and Change Management processes.
- Regularly perform data analysis to determine performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Incident, Change, and Problem Management
- Vendor management to ensure forward-progress managed Incidents and escalation
- Monitor the performance of traffic, systems, and central site processing, addressing anomalies detected or escalate
Requirements (please ensure you address the below in your ad response)
- Relevant IT Degree and or equivalent work experience in a similar environment
- Strong experience in performing post event/incident analysis
- Strong experience in Mainframe Production Control
- Intermediate JCL, MVS, batch scheduling, while any Tandem experience will be an added bonus.
- Strong problem and troubleshooting skills.
- Just as important : Passion for learning and thriving in a fast paced environment and effective organisational skills. You will be expected to be a Team Player, resilient and able to work autonomously.
To apply please send your CV to Marilyn Lennon firstname.lastname@example.org or by applying below