Our client owns and operates crucial and critical infrastructure – their environment is dynamic, complex, very customer focused and fast paced.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Cyber Security Manager to join the organisation and own the execution of their cyber security strategy in an interim role that might lead to permanent.
Reporting into the GM of Technology, this is first and foremost a thought and people leadership role, not purely a technical role, although that is likely to be your background.
We are looking for an experienced individual with extensive experience in managing cyber security operations in an hybrid model, with the ability to “sell” the value of cyber security not only at the Business level, but also at Board level. In other words, we are looking for a “heavy hitter”.
Whilst the team you will be managing directly is small but growing, you will be managing third party vendors and managed security providers.
You will assist with the development the cyber security maturity and capability framework for the organisation, ensuring adherence to ISO 27001 standards and maintaining and operating managed security services.
This will include security architecture and the managed security services.
You will also be responsible for running cyber security forums, creating and presenting board reports and work very closely with a number of other business and technology stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead, develop, manage and execute the Cyber Security Strategy and Operations services for the organisation, which includes Cyber advisory, IDAM, DLP, Infrastructure Security, Incident Management, Vulnerability Management and Pen Testing, Threat Hunting across IT and OT, etc;
- Sell the value of Cyber Security to the Leadership Team and the BUsiness
- Manage Cyber Security Operations and Projects;
- Develop and execute the Cyber strategy;
- Serve as a SME in all things Cyber Security, Risk, Policies;
- Risk Management and working with the Information Security Council and other committees;
- Vendor Management, stakeholder management and people management;
- Communicate and lead technology escalations and incident management processes and championing Security Awareness.
This role will suit an individual with extensive experience in a similar Cyber Security Management/Cyber Security Operations (SOC) management role, running multi-million cyber security programs.
We are looking for a leader who will develop their team, a strong collaborator and someone with very strong credibility, a team player who can facilitate outcomes, with a pragmatic approach.
Occasionally this role will require you to be hands-on, and you will have a strong appreciation of compliance and safety.
This role will be an interim assignment whilst a more permanent appointment is being finalised - hence this role might need to permanent employment for the incumbent.
For more information regarding this role, in the first instance, please email your CV to Silvia Williams at Balance Recruitment in Word format, highlighting your suitability for the role.