Our client is a very large multi-national financial institution and a highly trusted brand. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) or Cloud Platform Engineer is a new addition to a brand new local team responsible for providing operations support and incident management to a a mission critical internal Cloud platform that is currently in production.
This role will be part of a global follow the sun support model and will give the incumbent the opportunity to be trained in other technologies and therefore up-skill in some of the latest cloud technologies.
This role will be an initial 6 months contract assignment, likely to extend and go permanent.
With a focus on driving automation, real time monitoring and performance management, you will also assist with build and release, too.
This team is responsible for the day to day maintenance and operation of various cloud platforms and their supporting services.Key points pertaining to this role and main responsibilities:
The Role in a nutshell
- The team of Cloud Platform Engineers/Site Reliability Engineers are engaged in the project life cycle as infrastructure is designed and ultimately inherit responsibility of the new environment.
- The primary responsibility of the team is to react to incidents in cloud, PaaS, Kubernetes and pipeline infrastructure platforms.
- Secondary objectives are to improve the resiliency of systems through active contribution back to design as well as automating repetitive tasks.
It's All About You!
- Interact with and create effective monitoring systems that reduce the need for human intervention in daily web operations
- Respond to incidents in various platforms
- Create high quality and rugged code solutions to automate detection and recovery of common operational problems
- Identify and create automation that can be used by initial responders for easily resolvable issues
- Requires a moderate understanding of various platforms used for delivery of traditional and cloud services.
- Ability to write automation code to remediate repeat issues.
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery principals, software development methodologies and infrastructure automation.
- This is a “hands on” role that deals with reacting to and proactively avoiding issues with infrastructure platforms used for delivery of cloud services.
- Expert understanding of Operational duties and Linux RedHat environments
- Working knowledge of target platforms (vSphere, Pivotal Cloud Foundry PAS , Kubernetes PKS , Concourse pipelines)
- Familiarity with XML Gateways, API technology and F5 load balancers preferred
- Highly attuned to security needs and best practice
- Ability to write quality automation code in more than one language
- Familiarity with multiple cloud vendors
If this role sounds like you, please email your CV to Silvia at Balance Recruitment and applying below