Our client's vision is to deliver a world class experience as they provide one of the most important and reliable pieces of infrastructure in the country.
Working in a very dynamic , complex and fast paced environment the Security Engineer is a new addition to a small but growing team and will be responsible for delivery and support of cyber security remediation activities.
Working closely with a variety of technology and business stakeholders, this role is a key pillar in the technology function and a strong contributor to the organisation’s cyber security and security operations maturity.
Reporting to the Technology Security Operations Manager you will be providing IT security subject matter support in a SOC environment
ensuring that work requests and or projects are managed effectively and documented following proper Governance. You will be required to participate in security incidents remediation and related investigations, particularly with regards to Threat Management/Intrusion Protection and Vulnerability Management.
This role will suit an experienced Security Engineer with extensive experience in a similar environment.
You wil also be required to be part of a rotating on-call roster. Required skills will include:
- Security incident management ideally in a SOC environment
- Remediation activities
- Identity and Access Management
- Vulnerability Management and Threat Hunting/Intrusion Protection and Penetration Testing
- Experience tuning, managing and maintaining SIEM technologies
- Good understanding of ISO 27001/02, ITIL, COBIT, Pen testing methodologies
- Any experience managing and supporting AWS and Azure networks would be highly regarded
- A desire to learn and go the extra mile and a commitment to a high level of service
This will be an initial 6 months contract role based on the city fringe and with plenty of public transport - there is a possibility that this role will eventually go permanent.Please note that this role will require you to sit a technical test with a focus on penetration testing.
Please email your CV to Silvia at Balance Recruitment applying below and quoting Ref 6977