Junior BI/SAS Developer
Location : Sydney
Position : Contract or Temp
Date : 14/08/2019
This government organization is growing rapidly to meet the needs of the Australian population, they require comprehensive reporting and analytics to ensure that the internal business teams have visibility over their pipeline of work, performance of their teams and drive a culture of data driven decision making.
The BI/SAS Developer would be building and maintaining a suite of reports in a commercial data transformation and visualisation tool.
The developer would be required to learn about the businesses processes and translate these into reports which enhances the businesses day to day operating needs. The BI/SAS Developer would also engage with the stakeholders to ensure they are informed on the progress of the project. They would also ensure that the project is continuing to flow through the development pipeline and raise any blockers for discussion.
Skills required for this role:
- Pickup identified work from the backlog for development.
- Attend sprint planning and be ready to provide workload estimates.
- Attend daily stand up meetings and be prepared to give work updates.
- Write high quality code.
- Ensure all code is well documented and tested.
- Be prepared to have your code reviewed by other members of your team.
- Review the code of other members in your team.
- Ensure the code you write is extensible and reusable in other parts of the project.
- Have a good understanding of version control workflows.
- Create new and update existing reports in SAS VA.
- Ensure that all SAS VA reports are accessible.
- Ensure all of the work you do is captured as updates in the backlog.
- Ensuring project releases contain appropriate change notes and documentation.
- Competency, or ability to develop competency, in consistently applying assessment tools to identify support needs.
- Competency with IT systems.
- Report writing skills- able to translate complete data into digestible and simple messages in line with key business goals.
Balance Recruitment is committed to equal opportunity employment. We celebrate diversity and encourage people from all sections of the community to apply for this role.